Turkey +90-212-705 5635
Anastasi Sikouri and Archiepiskopou Makarou III
Lordos central court 1
Live Financial news
- Apple's Tim Cook defends tax claim
- Tue, 21 May 2013 17:40:09 GMTApple boss Tim Cook defends the tech giant's tax strategy at a Senate hearing, after the firm is accused of being among the US's 'largest tax avoiders'.
- Marks and Spencer sees profits fall
- Tue, 21 May 2013 11:13:38 GMTMarks and Spencer reports a big fall in annual profits, as troubles in its clothing division continue.
- Pound falls after dip in inflation
- Tue, 21 May 2013 13:01:27 GMTThe pound falls after lower fuel prices lead to a lower-than-expected inflation rate of 2.4% for April.
- Former Saab cars chiefs arrested
- Tue, 21 May 2013 10:31:56 GMTThree former top executives from car maker Saab Automobile have been arrested in Sweden on suspicion of accounting fraud charges.
- Scotland 'can afford independence'
- Tue, 21 May 2013 16:21:09 GMTScotland can "more than afford" to be a successful independent country, its first minister says as he launches a paper outlining the nation's economic strength.
- Cement firms warned over competition
- Tue, 21 May 2013 15:43:10 GMTLack of competition in the UK cement market is costing consumers millions of pounds, the Competition Commission says.
- Sharp jump in Royal Mail profits
- Tue, 21 May 2013 09:58:23 GMTRoyal Mail's annual profits more than double, helped by strong growth in parcel deliveries as more people shop online.
- London Market Report
- Tue, 21 May 2013 16:55:42 GMTThe FTSE 100 rises again, but shares in cruise operator Carnival drop sharply after it warns of falling revenues.
- Man Utd earns £60m in TV money
- Tue, 21 May 2013 14:07:54 GMTManchester United earned a record £60.8m in Premier League television revenue this season on their way to their 20th English title.
- G4S chief Nick Buckles steps down
- Tue, 21 May 2013 07:03:15 GMTNick Buckles, the chief executive of global security group G4S, is to step down from his position at the end of May.
- Vodafone sales hit by European slump
- Tue, 21 May 2013 07:27:14 GMTVodafone's full-year sales slip for the first time in eight years as tough economic conditions in Europe take their toll on customers.
- Data suggests housing market pick-up
- Tue, 21 May 2013 11:08:09 GMTThe UK housing market is seeing a slight pick-up in activity with mortgage lending and prices both rising, figures suggest.
- Asia boost to Burberry profits
- Tue, 21 May 2013 12:00:52 GMTUK fashion brand Burberry reports a larger-than-expected rise in annual profits after a strong performance in Asia.
- Bank Danamon stake sale approved
- Tue, 21 May 2013 14:47:36 GMTSingapore's DBS Group receives long-awaited regulatory approval to buy a 40% stake in Indonesia's Bank Danamon
- JP Morgan boss in shareholder revolt
- Mon, 20 May 2013 10:44:31 GMTJP Morgan chairman and chief executive Jamie Dimon is facing a shareholder revolt as investors prepare to vote on whether he should be allowed to keep both jobs.
- Tumblr 'will boost Yahoo revenue'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 20:21:50 GMTYahoo says its $1.1bn (£723m) purchase of blogging platform Tumblr will boost its revenue as soon as 2014.
- Back-to-work scheme failing, say MPs
- Tue, 21 May 2013 02:14:09 GMTA scheme to help the unemployed find work appears to be failing the most disadvantaged jobseekers, MPs on the Work and Pensions Committee say.
- Tax credits scam email warning
- Mon, 20 May 2013 12:47:38 GMTPeople who receive tax credits are being warned about scam emails being sent out by fraudsters in an attempt to gather card details and passwords.
- Graduate job opportunities 'rising'
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:23:43 GMTMore jobs will become available for graduates this year, research firm Income Data Services (IDS) has forecast, but pay is likely to be frozen.
- PM warns overseas territories on tax
- Mon, 20 May 2013 01:41:17 GMTDavid Cameron has called on British overseas territories to "get their house in order" and sign up to international treaties on tax.
- China 'can't be free rider on trade'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 19:43:56 GMTChina cannot be a "free rider" when it comes to global trade, the EU's trade commissioner, Karel De Gucht, warns.
- High inflation 'cost UK GDP £10bn'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 09:26:33 GMTHigh inflation has cost the UK economy £10bn over the last three years, says an influential report, and has now become a "permanent fixture".
- Thousands rally to oppose Italy cuts
- Sat, 18 May 2013 17:40:17 GMTTens of thousands of protesters, led by trade unionists, rally in the Italian capital Rome against the policies of the new coalition government.
- The cassette makes a comeback
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:36:32 GMTThe humble cassette tape, a happy memory for many music fans of a certain age, stages a comeback for one Canadian company. Will the trend last?
- Firms aiming to make money while doing good
- Mon, 06 May 2013 10:23:09 GMTKaren Weintraub explores the growth in the number of US small firms who wish to profit from making a positive difference in the developing world.
- The US food firm spicing up exports
- Sun, 28 Apr 2013 23:06:50 GMTMagic Seasonings, the spice company run by famous US chief Paul Prudhomme, tells the BBC's Kim Gittleson about its export success.
- Man City form New York MLS franchise
- Tue, 21 May 2013 16:29:08 GMTManchester City have announced a partnership with baseball's New York Yankees to form a new Major League Soccer franchise.
- India cricketers' remand extended
- Tue, 21 May 2013 15:41:34 GMTA court in India extends custody of three cricketers, arrested last week over allegations of spot-fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Games numbers 50% below target
- Tue, 21 May 2013 08:21:59 GMTThe organisers of the World Police and Fire Games confirm the number of athletes who have signed up to take part so far is almost 50% below the 10,000 target.
- VIDEO: Private jets flying high in downturn
- Tue, 21 May 2013 08:40:01 GMTLuxury air travel in private jets continues despite struggles in the global economy
- AUDIO: Royal Mail is 'a declining business'
- Tue, 21 May 2013 09:41:47 GMTThe Business Secretary Vince Cable says "the big competitive threat to the Royal Mail is email".
- VIDEO: Levi Roots: Mentor key to my success
- Tue, 21 May 2013 10:42:30 GMTReggae musician-turned-entrepreneur Levi Roots explains why he is backing a government scheme to encourage more new business start ups.
- VIDEO: Why did UK inflation rate fall?
- Tue, 21 May 2013 10:16:10 GMTThe UK's inflation rate fell to 2.4% in April, according to the Office for National Statistics, down from 2.8% in March.
- VIDEO: Apple chief hits back in tax row
- Tue, 21 May 2013 16:31:10 GMTCEO Tim Cook has spoken out in defence of Apple, after a Senate committee accused the company of using "a complex web of offshore entities" to avoid paying billions of dollars in US income taxes.
- VIDEO: Apple 'avoided $1m tax per hour'
- Tue, 21 May 2013 14:56:27 GMTA Senate committee has accused Apple of using "a complex web of offshore entities" to avoid paying billions of dollars in US income taxes.
- VIDEO: Stamp collecting big business in Asia
- Tue, 21 May 2013 00:02:48 GMTThe UK-based experts in stamp collecting, Stanley Gibbons, recently opened its first office in Singapore to take advantage of growing interest in the hobby in Asia.
- VIDEO: Investors show faith in JP Morgan boss
- Tue, 21 May 2013 16:44:19 GMTJP Morgan chairman and chief executive Jamie Dimon will be allowed to keep both jobs after investors voted in his favour at the bank's annual meeting.
- Calculate your inflation rate
- Mon, 20 May 2013 23:03:15 GMTFind out how much your cost of living is going up
- Foreign comedians stand up for the UK
- Mon, 20 May 2013 23:34:00 GMTWhy foreign comedians love the British comedy business
- Luxury labels' designs on South East Asia
- Mon, 20 May 2013 21:25:28 GMTLuxury labels target Singapore's best dressed
- Tech finds profit in poo in Dubai
- Mon, 20 May 2013 23:38:21 GMTFinding profit in poo in the Middle East
- New Xbox readies for video games war
- Mon, 20 May 2013 23:28:53 GMTWill Microsoft's new games machine win the next console war?
- Clock ticks on Swiss banking secrecy
- Tue, 21 May 2013 08:43:26 GMTSwiss banks creak under pressure to end trademark secrecy
- Not your typical multimillionaire
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:35:09 GMTThe surprising life of a young multimillionaire